Now here’s a refreshing twist to some life wisdom; golden nuggets extracted from children’s books.
I was so happy to come across the original article on BuzzFeed and boy, did it take me down memory lane.
Were you a fan of Roald Dahl, Alice in Wonderland, Dr. Seuss and Peter Pan, just to name a few popular classics?
Well then read on; drift away as you ponder the depth and truth in the words, and share the love and wisdom if you want to spread the magic.
(Original article can be read here)
1. “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint Exupéry, The Little Prince
2. “The moment where you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever being able to do it.” J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
3. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl, The Twits
4. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
5. “It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that.” Judith Viorst, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
6. “Don’t try to comprehend with your mind. Your minds are very limited. Use your intuition.” Madeleine L’Engle, A Wrinkle In Time
7. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
8. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.” Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
9. “Today was a difficult day. Tomorrow will be better.” Kevin Henkes, Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse
10. “Sometimes you have to lie. But to yourself you must always tell the truth.” Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet The Spy
11. “You’re BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem, and SMARTER than you think.” A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
12. “There are worse things to do when you’re in grade two than to spend your time building a dream.” Andrea Beaty, Iggy Peck Architect
13. “I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.” Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
14. “Grab a chance and you won’t be sorry for a might-have-been.” Arthur Ransome, Swallows And Amazons
15. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Aesop, The Lion And The Mouse
Do you have other great quotes on life from children’s books to share? Comment below!
P.S. Also check out 15 Memorable Quotes From Alice In Wonderland