Kids just say the darndest things, don’t they?
With their all-honesty say-it-as-it-is demeanor, kids have the ability to tug at our heartstrings, make us laugh out loud, and even get us really thinking about life.
We can never forget the great advice from this 9-year-old boy about the secret of life.
Or this great divorce advice from a 6-year-old which went viral.
And just the other day I came across this, and boy, did it melt my heart in so many ways:
What kids think about love.
So true and so simple.
It put a huge smile on my face, made me go “Awww” and some made me laugh out loud. It simply brightened my day, and reminded me to hug my husband a little tighter that day.
I’ve listed these below, sourced from Hrtwarming.
1. “When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.” Rebecca, age 8
2. “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.” Billy, age 4
3. “Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.” Terri, age 4
4. “Love is when mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” Danny, age 7
5. “Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.” Emily, age 8
6. “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” Bobby, age 7 (Woa!)
8. “If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.” Nikka, age 6
9. “Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.” Noelle, age 7
10. “Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” Tommy, age 6
11. “During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.” Cindy, age 8
12. “Love is when my mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.” Elaine, 5 years
13. “Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than George Clooney.” Chris, age 7
14. “I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” Lauren, age 4
15. “When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” Karen, age 7
16. “Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and she doesn’t think it’s gross.”
Mark, age 6
17. “You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.” Jessica, age 8
18. “Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.”
Mary Ann, age 4
Got a favorite? Share with us below! And if you like this article, please share it with your friends to help spread these wise words around. 🙂