For those of us in the personal development world and industry, Wayne Dyer is a legend.
The amazing work that he has done; the personality that he shined bright with and spread to the whole world so we could all change our thoughts and free our souls to live our best lives.
I never got the honor to meet Mr. Dyer, but I have many friends who worked with him – each have nothing but amazing things to say.
Personally, he also had an impact on my life through his work – through his amazing books, videos, courses. I’m a huge fan of all his quotes which we have shared many times on Authentic Woman Facebook and Instagram.
Powerful quotes that will change your mind and life. He gets straight to the point in a blunt yet loving manner.
The most memorable quote to me is:
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Now that’s heavy truth – we see things as we are, not as they are.
So in light of his passing yesterday, here are some quotes that may already be your favorite, and many others for you to remember, honor and learn from.
Thank you Wayne Dyer, you will be remembered and your work lives on.
1. How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
2. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
3. Conflict cannot survive without your participation.
4. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
5. Freedom means you are unobstructed in living your life as you choose. Anything less is a form of slavery.
6. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.
7. When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
8. Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.
9. You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
10. Our intention creates our reality.
11. People who want the most approval get the least and people who need approval the least get the most.
12. I have a suit in my closet with the pockets cut out. It is a reminder that I won’t be taking anything with me.
13. Love is my gift to the world. I fill myself with love, and I send that love out into the world. How others treat me is their part, how I react is mine.
14. See the light in others and treat them as if that’s all you see.
15. Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.
16. I think and that is all that I am.
17. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.
18. Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.
19. Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
20. Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy.
21. Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.
22. Our lives are a sum total of the choices we have made.
23. Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.
24. You’ll see it when you believe it.
25. Having a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing seems to me to be one of the most basic principles that you can adopt to contribute to individual and world peace.
26. With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
27. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
28. You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.
29. All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.
30. Your reputation is in the hands of others. That’s what the reputation is. You can’t control that. The only thing you can control is your character.
31. When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.
32. Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
33. You don’t need to be better than anyone else you just need to be better than you used to be.
34. When you’re at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.
35. I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.
36. I am thankful to all those who said no. It’s because of them, I did it myself.
37. The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind.
38. You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.
39. You are what you choose to be today. Not what you’ve chosen to be before.
40. Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change others.
41. If you meet someone whose soul is not aligned with yours, send them love and move along.
42. Your teacher might be a child who takes you by the hand and asks you a question that you hadn’t considered before, and your answer to the child is your answer to yourself.
43. No one can create negativity or stress within you. Only you can do that by virtue of how you process your world.
44. There is one grand lie – that we are limited. The only limits we have are the limits we believe.
45. You are an infinite spiritual being having a temporary human experience.
46. Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.
47. The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your imagination.
48. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
49. Discontinue deciding what anyone else should or shouldn’t be doing.
50. You create your thoughts, your thoughts create your intentions, and your intentions create your reality.
Like this article? Share it with your friends!
P.S. Get more Wayne Dyer content here.
P.P.S. If you liked this, also check out: 35 Rumi Quotes That Will Change Your Life