Everyone deserves a good treat of chocolate chip cookies. And after months of promising to post this recipe for some friends, here it is for all to share and enjoy.
Let’s first start by taking a moment to honor Ruth Graves Wakefield – the smart woman who created chocolate chip cookies 1938. Without her, our lives would be missing some magic. God bless you Ruth! (Yes, I take my dessert very seriously.)
A good batch of chocolate chip cookies can make you smile, feel all warm and fuzzy inside and tickle your senses.
But of course, not just any cookie will do. We’re talking crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and oozing gooey chocolate goodness all around.
It’s so hard to find good chocolate chip cookies and if you’re allergic to wheat like me, it’s even harder.
That’s why I’m super excited to share this recipe – completely wheat-free and you can play around with the amount of sugar and chocolate chips at your own personal preference and desire. You can be the master of your own cookie destiny!
I love to overload on chocolate chips. Feel free to also add nuts and play around with the type of meal or flour of your preference. My favorite so far is with gluten free oats – I buy a bag, toss it in the blender, and voila! Gluten free oat flour. 🙂
Check out the recipe below (should make anywhere between 30 to 50 cookies depending on the size) and here’s to that first bite of your freshly baked batch. Yum…
What you’ll need:
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cup oat flour
1 cup chocolate chips
What you’ll need to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/175°C.
2. Add butter and sugars and mix. Mixture will be slightly crumbly.
3. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
4. Add the baking soda, salt, and oat flour. Mix until well incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky.
5. Add chocolate chips. Follow your heart’s desire.
6. Bake on ungreased baking sheets/greased cookie tray for about 10 minutes or until the edges are just becoming golden.
7. Take out from oven and cool for about 15 minutes.
8. Eat as you please.
Like this recipe? Share your thoughts with us and spread the love!