I recently discovered “The Oven”.
Call me silly but in my previous home, although we had one, I barely touched it.
Now, I’m in love. Perhaps because this is a much better model than the one we had, and it has the perfect spot in my kitchen.
I’ve already mastered quite a few chicken, red meat and fish dishes, but today, I want to share my favorite oven dish with you – teriyaki roasted chicken.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s simple and quick to make. It’s the perfect dish for when you’re entertaining guests and want to spoil your friends and family with something yummy and healthy.
The beauty of this recipe is that once you get the process, you can make it with anything. You can swap it for red meat (then roast it for longer in the oven); try it with salmon (cooking time is less and instead of teriyaki sauce I like to use lemon juice); you can also play around with different vegetables (you can also use squash, sweet potatoes or broccoli).
My favorite part? I don’t have to watch the dish as it cooks. Once it’s in the oven, you can go off and finish chores, have a shower, get some rest, play with your kids, anything you desire! I just set a timer on my phone and check in accordingly. Dinner is ready without a problem.
Ready to try? Then let’s get cooking.
What You’ll Need:
(Makes about 3-4 servings)
2 medium onions
2 cloves garlic
2 small potatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
Herbs of your choice (I like dried basil but if you have anything fresh, even better!)
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
What You’ll Need To Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 240°C
2. Cut the vegetables into small pieces. Pile all the vegetables and garlic into the middle of a large roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add some salt to taste and herbs as desired.
3. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Layer with teriyaki sauce.
4. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and place tray in oven. Roast until it’s done which usually takes about 45 to 50 minutes.
Like this recipe? Share your thoughts below.